Authentication And Authorization In The CGIs

Srinivasa Cherukuri SCherukuri at yak.ca
Thu Nov 4 17:51:03 CET 2004

Hi all

Right now I am at "Authentication And Authorization in the CGIs".

1. "If you also want to require authentication for access the HTML pages
for Nagios, add something similiar to the following in the web server
configuration file as well."

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/share>

-       - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

</Directory>

The second step is to create a file named .htaccess in the root your CGI
directory ..........

PL LET ME KNOW UNDER WHICH DIRECTORY I SHOULD I CHECK FOR THIS .htaccess
file.

2. Also after running (Setting Up Authenticated Users) the command

"htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin"  the file
htpasswd.users in the /usr/local/nagios/etc

is not created.

Pl make a note that I am trying to implement Nagios with the basic
system requirements. At the beginning (About Nagios), it

was mentioned like this:

"You are not required to use the CGIs included with Nagios. However, if
you do decide to use them, you will need to have the following software
installed... ".

I have apache installed on the system (Sparc/Solaris9) and not not
installing Boutell's gd library should not be the problem.

Thanks in advance

Rao