(no subject)

Spook spook at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 3 07:36:46 CET 2004

Hi Pete.

I have found that the IIS webserver HAS to support basic authentication and not Integrated authentication.
This unfortunately means that your username and password are sent cleartext across the network/internet.
This can be mitigated by using HTTPS or a switched network.

When using basic authentication on your webserver, the following will work:

check_http 10.1.1.1 -a NTDomain\\user:password

(note the escaped backslash)

I have tested it on one of my servers and it works for me.

Regards,
  Andrew.