Nagios-1.2, images and frustration...

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Nov 2 23:30:04 CET 2004

Jan Scholten wrote:

>I'm using a selfcompiled Debian too and it works here:
>
>cgi.cfg:
>#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ eXtended Data File @@@@@@@@@@@@
>
>#Only first file is parsed, so we put everything in one file!
>xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/extinfo.cfg
>
>#xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg
>#xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
>#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>

>in extinfo.cfg:
>

>define serviceextinfo{
>         host_name       newshell,omega,internet
>         service_description SSH
>         icon_image      SSH.png
>}
>
>#extended Host Info
>#
>define hostextinfo{
>         host_name   NagiosPC,webhost1,webhost2
>         icon_image  debian.png
>         icon_image_alt Debian Server
>         statusmap_image debian.gd2
>}

I couldn't get the images to work either and was about to submit a
similar posting to the list when I tried creating the file with the
nagiosmap.pl program.
Whatever I had made wrong before, nagios accepted the file created by
that program and showed icons ;-)

I don't think you can see anything in the error-logs of httpd, because
technically, the files are not fetched by the httpd but by the CGI - and
that seems to discard any kind of error-messages.

Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~