NSClient

Martin, Stanley G [CGEY Contractor for Sprint] Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com
Tue Nov 2 17:13:03 CET 2004

I have on some of my Crystal Enterprise servers.  After a reboot,
Crystal will start randomly picking ports to run on and it takes 1248
before NSClient can start up.  So, I just started changing the port # on
all my installs to 12480 in the registry.

HKLM\Software\NSClient\Parameters\Port

Stanley G. Martin

System Administrator
Sprint - EAS Business Intelligence

Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Marr, Joe
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 9:19 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] NSClient

Arggh

I have about 50 windows boxes using the NSClient, and one of them after
a reboot won't run the NSCclient correctly. The service starts, but I
get a connection refused. I nmapped the box, and I don't see the 1248
port open. Has anyone experienced this?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement? I thought
the WSC had potential, but from what I can tell I can only check disks
and uptime.

Joe Marr