Opinion... APAN, Nagiostat, Perfparse, Nagiosgraph, Cricket.. and Nagios

Chris Stankaitis chris.stankaitis at datawire.net
Tue Nov 2 14:57:16 CET 2004

I need some opinions from the group here, I am looking at the above
listed "graphing tools" and am at a bit of a loss, they all see to do
the exact same thing, (with the exception of cricket which is not an
Nagios Addon).

Would someone with some knowledge in the use of the above tools throw in
their 2 cents as to which is the best tool for the job and perhaps the
different strength of each of the graphing tools out there, as well is
there anything that Cricket can do which would cause me to want to just
use it alone, and just link it to Nagios using my extinfo?

I am just looking at adding standard switch/router stuff, and perhaps
some other SNMP info I can get on server, stuff like sensor data etc.

--Chris