Required libs for install

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Mar 30 19:17:24 CEST 2004

Alex Farrer wrote:
> Is there a definitive list of libraries (suitable version numbers and
> urls to download from) that should be installed before installing Nagios
> to get the full features of the program.

./configure --help
It got me all I needed to know.
For nagios;
zlib
png
jpeg
freetype2
gd2
All of them with header-files if you want Nagios to be able to use them.
I've never bothered with the 3D statusmap, so I don't know what extras
are required for that.

For the plugins the dependancies vary, but most will still build even
though a bunch of them have failed dependancies.

> Aftr serveral failed attempts
> to install with the statusmap/trends..etc cgi's I'm not exactly sure
> that I have everything that is required installed I see in the FAQ there
> is a list of libraries  and a pointer to rpmfind.net, but what about a
> list of .tar.gz's (+the development ones)?

You can download and compile it from source if you like. That gets you
the devel environment as well.
gd is at www.boutell.com
You'll have to Google for the rest. sourceforge and freshmeat are not
uncommon, however.

> I've seen numerous other people suffering from the similar problems on
> this forum so i'm surprised that it's not documented in more detail in
> the Nagios documentation!

And none of them seemed capable of using any online search engines.
Seriously... did you try that first?

--
Mvh / Best Regards
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson