Notify-by-email on Solaris 8 doesn't populate the subject

Narayanasamy, Sundar sundar.narayanasamy at medtronic.com
Fri Mar 26 16:30:33 CET 2004

Hello,

Whenever I get a warning or error notification from my Nagios installation on my Solaris box, it comes with empty subject line. How do I fix it?

This is what I have

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVIC
EDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTP
UT$" | /usr/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

Any help is appreciated.

Sundar