Services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Mar 24 20:58:54 CET 2004

On Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:35 PM, Michael Gaskin shared with us:

> I wonder if my question below met the criteria of "read the manual
> idiot..."  :)  Just looking for some reason why I am getting strange
> results.
>
> Thanks.

> I am getting: (removed date/time)
>
> DS Open OK Directory Services Database is open (DS version 10410.98)
> PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.17 ms Free - SYS CRITICAL 3/3
> Connection refused by host Free - APPS OK 1/3 54876 MB (94%) free on
> volume APPS Processor Utilization - 15 Minutes CRITICAL 3/3
> Connection refused by host

> Question... Why would some services show a connection refused while
> the others work?  Here's the services file:

It's not likely in this case but it is a suggestion: do you happen to
have multiple copies of nagios running? Intermittent and otherwise
inexplicable behavior is a common symptom. Perhaps the previous copy is
using some old check command and updating the status file with that
outdated information.

--
Marc