Reporting Question

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Mar 23 00:21:47 CET 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Jennifer Fountain wrote:

> Does anyone have a script or info on how to create a report that will
> show the state of a service at each check?  I would like to export this
> report to excel and create line graphs, etc.
>
> For example, I have a test that opens a webpage and then spits out the
> amount of time it took to run the webpage.  I want to graph the numbers
> (listed in status information) so I can see if the time is spiking.

Actually, you will want to turn on perfdata for this.  Only failed tests
will show up in the log files for Nagios 1.x - not the successful ones.

Now if Ethan would bring back the log_level option from Netsaint that
would be different.

Also the perfdata output is not stable in 1.3x - and is being stabilized
at 1.4

--
-sg