service dependencies

Porus Lakdawala porus at sgi.com
Mon Mar 22 19:28:53 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a question/request regarding the way service dependencies are defined
in the current config files.

Service dependencies currently require the names of both dependent and the
depending hosts to define them. However, in a large number of cases we would
like to define dependent services located on a single host alone. While we
can do that using the current definitions, it requires a new service
dependency created for every host.

It would be good to be able define a local (single host) service dependency
using hostgroup_names's. That way we don't need to worry about creating a
new definition per host, for the same set of dependent services on each
host.

I am not sure that this can be done today. Or is there some secret that is
not documented?

Thanks.

-----
Porus Lakdawala