Nsca config error?

James Bowes james at expresscomputers.com
Fri Mar 19 18:22:04 CET 2004

Hi folks.

I have run a manual submit_check_result from my distributed server:

./submit_check_result sim.test.net "Check C Drive" 0 "ok" 172.20.10.168

And the result is:

Connection refused by host
Error: Could not connect to host 172.20.10.168 on port 5667

On the central server, I have the ports configured correctly and
iptables is turned off.

My hosts.deny looks like this:

	ALL: ALL EXCEPT 172.20.10.

While the hosts.allow looks like this:

	nsca:172.20.10.169,127.0.0.1

My netstat command shows nsca as this:

tcp        0      0 *:nsca                  *:*
LISTEN

And my /etc/services nsca entry looks like this:

nsca            5567/tcp                        # NSCA

I'm stymied here... Any ideas as to what I have overlooked are
appreciated.

Thanks,

--james