Passive checks from distributed server

Justin Hennessy jhennessy at mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Fri Mar 19 01:48:11 CET 2004

James,

Not sure if this is related but if you are using the check_local_disk
on the remote machine, I found one of the plugin versions had a strange
bug where by the drive letter string had to be more than 1 character
long (ie "C" wouldn't work but "C Drive" would).

When I was calling it it looked something like this check_local_disk!C
Drive!10!20

If I didn't do this then I would get the "wrong -l argument". Updating
the plugins fixed this for me.

Justin

>>> "James Bowes" <james at expresscomputers.com> 19/03/2004 6:32:00 am

Hi folks.

I have set up a distributed server which starts the nagios process
correctly though produces an error when trying to run the
'submit_check_result' script under
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers. Here is the error:

Warning: Attempting to execute the command
"/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result helium
'check C drive' UNKNOWN 'wrong -l argument'" resulted in a return code
of 127.  Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute
actually exists...

Any advice on what I have overlooked is appreciated.

--james

reporting any issue.