Statusmap

Justin Hennessy jhennessy at mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Thu Mar 18 23:31:10 CET 2004

Ok here we go.

I am running Nagios 1.2 on a Red Hat 9,  2.4 kernel (fairly new one).

This is the error from the configure script:
checking for main in -liconv... (cached) no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... (cached) no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... (cached) no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... (cached) no

*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

Boutell's GD library is required to compile the statusmap, trends
and histogram CGIs.  Get it from http://www.boutell.com/gd/, compile
it, and use the --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc arguments to specify
the locations of the GD library and include files.

NOTE: In addition to the gd-devel library, you'll also need to make
      sure you have the png-devel and jpeg-devel libraries installed
      on your system.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
      1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
         which the GD, PNG, and JPEG libraries are installed.
      2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
      3. Run 'make clean' in the Nagios distribution to clean out
         any old references to your previous compile.
      4. Rerun the configure script.

NOTE: If you can't get the configure script to recognize the GD libs
      on your system, get over it and move on to other things.  The
      CGIs that use the GD libs are just a small part of the entire
      Nagios package.  Get everything else working first and then
      revisit the problem.  Make sure to check the nagios-users
      mailing list archives for possible solutions to GD library
      problems when you resume your troubleshooting.

I have gone thorough and installed all of the modules that the FAQ said
to (http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=55).
Here are the versions of these packages:

libgd-1.3-4
libgd-devel-1.3-4
libpng-1.2.2-16
libpng10-1.0.13-8
libpng-devel-1.2.2-16
libjpeg-6b-26
libjpeg-devel-6b-26
zlib-1.1.4-8
zlib-devel-1.1.4-8

When doing the configure script I have also used the --with-gd-lib and
--with-gd-inc switches to tell it where they live.

GD lib lives here: /usr/lib/

When I run the make all process again I only get this (with just some
comments at the end about using make install etc):

cd ./base && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nagios-1.2/base'
gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE  nagios.c checks.o config.o
commands.o flapping.o logging.o notifications.o sehandlers.o utils.o
sretention.o ../xdata/xrddefault.c ../common/comments.c
../xdata/xcddefault.c ../common/objects.c ../xdata/xodtemplate.c
../common/statusdata.c ../xdata/xsddefault.c perfdata.o
../xdata/xpddefault.c ../common/downtime.c ../xdata/xdddefault.c    -lm
-o nagios
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios-1.2/base'
cd ./cgi && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nagios-1.2/cgi'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios-1.2/cgi'
cd ./html && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nagios-1.2/html'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios-1.2/html'

Hopefully this is all that you need, if not just email me.

Thanks,

Justin

>>> "Marc Powell" <marc at ena.com> 19/03/2004 12:40:50 am >>>
Something is complaining somewhere during the configure or compile
process. You'll need to watch those two carefully and send to the list
any errors that are output (or the entire output of ./configure and
possibly 'make all' if you see none). We'll also need to know more
about
your environment: what OS/version, what version of Nagios, what
version
of GD, where GD is installed, etc...

--
Marc