Webish question

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Mon Mar 15 18:27:16 CET 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Robert Stewart wrote:

> Thanks for the reply...
>
> I have some servers that for various reasons, I dont want to run a web
> server on. They are all on the same side of the firewall.
> How would I configure nagios to pass all events to another system?

If I'm understanding the assumptions behind your question correctly...
It sounds as if you expect to have to run web servers on all your nagios
client machines.  This isn't the case.

You don't need to run a web server on a machine in order to monitor it.  The
only place Nagios comes close to requiring a web server is on the machine
doing the monitoring.. the Nagios server itself.. and then, only if you want
to use its web interface.  Most people do use it, but I think you can get by
without it.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110