Alert with no notification

Kin-Ho Kwan Kin-Ho.Kwan at hxti.com
Fri Mar 12 18:22:51 CET 2004

I have been running Nagios for a while and I had a problem on e-mail
notification.

Nagios is supposed to send e-mail notification when the service
(my_service) goes into critical state. Funny thing happens here. When
the error message is "CANNOT ECHO" (my customize error message), even
though it's in critical state, nagios did not send me any mail. Yet if
the error message is something else, I will get notification from Nagios.

Same serivce, same setting, but just different error message. Why I
could not get any e-mail from Nagios sometimes?

Thanks
Kin-Ho Kwan