problem with command file. variation on the normal error.

Tom Welsh twelsh at square-box.com
Fri Mar 12 08:37:32 CET 2004

Hi All,

I have the following error appearing when I try to "Schedule and
immediate check for all services on this host"

> Browser error:

> Error: Could not stat() command file
> '/usr/local/nagios/var/read/nagios.cmd'!
>
> The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running,
> and/or Nagios may not be checking external commands.
>
> An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for
> processing.

Obviously I thought it was the standard permissions error on the /var/rw
directory so I went through the instructions again to set the correct
permissions on the external command file. Problem persisted.

Ok, So next I removed the /var/rw directory recreated it started again.
Same problem

Reinstalled Nagios ran install command-mode, same problem

I created a new directory called read/, changed the configs to point the
external command to this directory, reset up permissions again. Same
problem

Here is my system specs

I am running
Solaris 8
Nagios 1.2
Plugins 1.3.1

Compiled with gcc 3.2.2

Any one seen this one before? I thought it was going to be the Normal no
brainer but DUH, no.

Cheers

Tom Welsh
squareBOX technologies