check_http not working---doubt

prabhu.anandh at wipro.com prabhu.anandh at wipro.com
Tue Mar 9 12:49:35 CET 2004

Hi folks,
If I specify the port as 8080,it is working fine.why this strange
behaviour.since by default it is 80,I left it as it.I am not able to
check_http to another machine whose IP is 10.116.21.20 but able to ping
to that machine.what shall I do to make it work for another machine..

Output:

 ./check_http -I 10.116.20.5 -p 8080   <-------20.5 is where the nagios
runs.
OK - HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily - 0.240 second response time
|time=240462us;;;0 size=181B;;;0

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Prabhu Anandh S.