Problems to start Nagios

Patrick Klein patrick-klein at gmx.de
Mon Mar 8 20:31:04 CET 2004

Hi List,

I've got the following problem:
If I want to start Nagios (V 1.0) I get this error:

Nagios 1.0 starting... (PID=23133)
Error: Host dependency definition for host 'server102' is circular (it depends
on itself)!
Bailing out due to errors encountered while running the pre-flight check.  Run
Nagios from the command line with the -v option to verify your config before
restarting. (PID=23133)

What does it mean?
I tried to rename the host_names in the dependencies_list, but then I get the
error, that the host isn't definied anywhere.
What can I do?

Thanks
Patrick