check_hpjd plugin returns a no response er ror message

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Mon Mar 8 18:43:16 CET 2004

Kaplan, Andrew H. writes:

> As far as I know, there is nothing that should be blocking UDP port 161.
> The original Nagios server is still on-line, and it does not have any
> problems accessing the printers.

Are you running a firewall on the new Nagios server that could be blocking
those ports?  Got a router or similar between the new Nagios server and
the printer that could be blocking those ports?

If the answer to both of those is no, then it's time to use tcpdump
on the new Nagios server to see what's happening.  And also possibly
on the old server at the same time, since it seems to have a more
complete picture of the network so maybe it will see the new server
talking to the printer and the printer responding but nothing getting
back to the new server.

And if that still doesn't help, accidentally knock the printer onto the
floor so you have to get a replacement.  And if that still doesn't fix
it, repeat with the new Nagios server.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support