check_hpjd plugin returns a no response error message

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Mar 8 16:07:21 CET 2004

Hi there,

When I ran the check_hpjd command, I got the Timeout: No response from <host>
FYI: I ran the command using the ip address of the host.

I also tried the snmpwalk command, and got the snmpwalk: Timeout error as
well...

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Huettig [mailto:Michael.Huettig at Medien-Systempartner.de]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 10:00 AM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.; nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] check_hpjd plugin returns a no response
error message

Hi,
have you tried the following:
check_hpjd -H <your-host> -C <your-snmp-community>
from command-line? Std.-Community is "public".

You may start: snmpwalk <your-host> <your-snmp-community>
and receive some output like the following:

system.sysDescr.0 = HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM
A.05.03,JETDIRECT,JD24,EEPROM A.05.05
system.sysObjectID.0 = OID: enterprises.11.2.3.9.1
system.sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (4326768) 12:01:07.68
system.sysContact.0 =
system.sysName.0 =
system.sysLocation.0 =
system.sysServices.0 = 64
interfaces.ifNumber.0 = 1
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.1 = 1
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.1 = HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM
A.05.03,JETDIRECT,JD24,EEPROM A.05.05
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.1 = ethernetCsmacd(6)

Regards
Michael