RFC L2 (switch) topology. Mainly off-topic.

Jim Mozley jim.mozley at exponential-e.com
Fri Mar 5 10:51:55 CET 2004

Stanley Hopcroft wrote:

> - we already use big name product foo to do this and foo is great

Would it be worth taking a look at OpenNMS to check out its layer-2
capabilities?

I had a look some time ago and it was the only software I've never been
able to get working on Solaris, but did end up seeing it in action on
redhat. It's not big product foo (although I didn't get on with it and
thought it was a bit foobar) and is supposed to scale to large network
management applications.

Jim Mozley