Force check link from hosts.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Mar 4 19:04:35 CET 2004

On Thursday, March 04, 2004 11:31 AM, Martinez Gonzalez, Francisco
shared with us:

> Hello,
>
> I want to check the link status of a host every 5 minutes (with the
> check_ping plugin), but I don't want to add a service for it. It's
> that posible by defining "check-host-alive" in hosts.cfg?
> I've read the documentation and say that can't it, but there is
> anyway to do it?

Not really. Host checks are _never_ executed unless a service on that
host fails. Then, they're only executed until the host recovers. Why are
you not wanting to add it as a service? That's the correct way to do it.

--
Marc