NRPE 2.0 Solaris 8.0

McWhirter,Julia julia.mcwhirter at superh.com
Wed Mar 3 17:58:20 CET 2004

I have just installed NRPE 2.0.  Works fine to Redhat clients but I get
the following error to Solaris 8 clients

CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Have installed the 112438-02 patch for /dev/random* and rebooted the
client.

Client is listening netstat -a|grep nrpe reports

      *.nrpe               *.*                0      0 24576      0
LISTEN

This is my inetd.conf entry

nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait  nagios /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg --inetd

Using the default nrpe.cfg file

Any suggestions to get this working?

Regards
Julia McWhirter