status map package locations

Brad Dunn bdunn at rdac.com.au
Wed Mar 3 07:47:14 CET 2004

Hey, I was just wondering, I've been using nagios for a long time and
put a couple of boxes together without to much grief. One thing I notice
on this list is every week or so people seem to always have problems
compiling nagios and getting the status map to work. Most people I have
spoken with is mainly a concern with not being able to find / or install
the files required, eg

libgd
libgd-devel
libpng
libpng-devel
libjpeg
libjpeg-devel
zlib
zlib-devel

and of course as the FAQ suggests, when installing it.

make devclean
./configure --with-gd-lib=LIBDIR --with-gd-inc=INCDIR

My question is, has anyone actually put a list up, maybe even on the
FAQ's about where to obtain these packages. I know it differs from place
to place, some people require RPM's, and I myself am using debian, so I
would ideally like to be apt-get these packages.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had such a list? I am also aware
that people will be using different versions of these packages. I just
thought it might be useful to have a list of where to obtain these so
people can get the status maps working etc.

- brad