how to ping instead of check_ping.v6 not found.

prabhu.anandh at wipro.com prabhu.anandh at wipro.com
Wed Mar 3 03:53:54 CET 2004

Hi Marc,
I appreciate what you have said and when I checked the options using -h
,I found out that it doesn't support v6.any ideas.
Do I have to install latest version of plugins?
Thanks in advance.
This is what I get:
]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping -h
check_ping (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.11
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
Copyright (c) 1999-2001 Ethan Galstad/Karl DeBisschop
<kdebisschop at users.sourcef
orge.net>

Use ping to check connection statistics for a remote host.

Usage:
       [-p packets] [-t timeout] [-L]

 check_ping (-h | --help) for detailed help
 check_ping (-V | --version) for version information

-H, --hostname=HOST
   host to ping
-w, --warning=THRESHOLD
   warning threshold pair
-c, --critical=THRESHOLD
   critical threshold pair
-p, --packets=INTEGER
   number of ICMP ECHO packets to send (Default: 5)
-t, --timeout=INTEGER
   optional specified timeout in second (Default: 10)
-L, --link
   show HTML in the plugin output (obsoleted by urlize)
time (ms) which triggers a WARNING or CRITICAL state, and <pl> is the
percentage of packet loss to trigger an alarm state.

This plugin uses the ping command to probe the specified host for packet
loss
(percentage) and round trip average (milliseconds). It can produce HTML
output
linking to a traceroute CGI contributed by Ian Cass. The CGI can be
found in
the contrib area of the downloads section at http://www.nagios.org

Send email to nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net if you have questions
regarding use of this software. To submit patches or suggest
improvements,
send email to nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

regards,
Prabhu Anandh S.