notification once only

Yao, Jack jyao at aav.com.au
Wed Mar 3 02:37:23 CET 2004

Hi all ,

I have been trying to look at the option available in check_ping and
check_host_alive command that will enable me to do this. Basically all I
want is that Nagios to notify me "once" only when the machine is down and
will "only" send me another notification email when the machine is back
alive.

As I don't want it to keep repeating the notification again and again during
the down period.

Is there any parameters in the config files [either hosts.cfg or
services.cfg] that will let me do that ?

Thanks

Jack