Window event viewer

Rudy Montemayor RMontemayor at huntoil.com
Tue Mar 2 21:04:39 CET 2004

Darren,

Thanks for the information. I was able to install the agent on 2 Win systems; however I have some questions and welcome anybody that can help me out.

1) What do this agent do exactly? From what I can tell of the operation, it seems that It looks at the whole log and lets you know how many errors there are and when the last one occurred. Then it may be "EventLog OK" and then back to reporting the errors again. It doesn't keep track of what errors it already reported on; it's basically all or nothing.

2) I asked the Windows folks here about the logs and they mentioned that they just let the log roll-over. So that means that once there is an error the agent will continue to flag that error until that particular entry is rolled-over or one manually clears the log; which is the behavior that I'm seeing now.

3) There also appears to be some problem with "(Service Check Timed Out)" and I do not know why this is happening.

Any help with be appreciated.

Rudy