how to ping instead of check_ping.

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 2 16:21:07 CET 2004

On Tuesday, March 02, 2004 6:59 AM, prabhu.anandh at wipro.com shared with
us:

> option. And moreover,I am not doing this for learning.I have some
> ipv6 only machines and I am not able to ping using the ping
> command,so I have to use ping6 for that.i am testing whether it works
> for ping or not and I need your help in solving this problem.
> I am putting this problem in mailing list ,since I feel this will be
> a important subject.
> Thanks in advance.

Subhendu has already stated that the check_ping in plugins 1.4.x (CVS I
presume) supports IPV6 hosts. Instead of going through all the
machinations of writing your own plugin in a language you seem to not
fully understand, why don't you just grab that and use it instead? Why
re-invent the wheel if it's not a learning experience and you don't have
to?

--
Marc