Trouble with a simple plug-in I wrote ...

Novick, Jeff novickj at toysrus.com
Tue Mar 2 14:08:23 CET 2004

Hi,
I wrote a plug-in, although not complete to plug-in specs, I believe it
should be working as it works from the command line. The problem is that it
always exits with an unknown status, which is in the last two lines in the
script, whenever it is executed from within nagios.

I have build my first nagios (1.2) server but still have some legacy
netsaint boxes running and would like to check that the netsaint process is
still running. I also thought this would be a good test for writing a
plug-in.

The debug file from the scripts contains the following when run from the
command line:
--------------------------
HOST: pingsaint1.tru.com
COMMAND: /usr/local/netsaint/libexec/check_netsaint
/usr/local/netsaint/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/netsaint/bin/netsaint'
ERRORS:
RSH RESULTS:
 NetSaint ok: located 7 processes, status log updated 2 seconds ago

--------------------------

and when executed from within NagIOS

--------------------------
HOST: pingsaint1.tru.com
COMMAND: /usr/local/netsaint/libexec/check_netsaint
/usr/local/netsaint/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/netsaint/bin/netsaint'
ERRORS:
 at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_netsaint.pl line 24
RSH RESULTS:

If I need to supply anything else, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jeff

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin at toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.