Problems with nagios-plugins on FreeBSD

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Mar 2 06:44:25 CET 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:23:51 +0000
Olafur Osvaldsson <oli at isnic.is> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using nagios-plugins v1.3.1 from the FreeBSD ports tree and
> got into a few problems using the check_procs plugin.
> It was fixed by altering the configure.in file by moving the
> FreeBSD part before the "ps -weo" check like had been done with
> the OpenBSD check.
> If you need more info or patch just let me know.

What would help more is for you to test with CVS HEAD or the nightly
snapshot, or even 1.4.0alpha1. We are trying to move that ahead, so we
are not generally making big changes to 1.3.x - especially where
changing the order of the ps checks for BSD tends to create a testing
nightmare because it easliy breaks other OS's.

> I also made a few changes to the contrib/check_nagios_db.pl script
> so it would support PostgreSQL databases and got rid of an anoying
> error.
> The diff to that file is attached.

Thanks. Could you submit that to the bug tracker on sourceforge? I
probably won't jump on that ine because I need to see how nagios 2.0
changes that plugin, or even if it is still relevent. But I'd rather not
lose your work even though I won't get to incorporate it right away.

--
Karl