traliing slash in URL path configuration

Yao, Jack jyao at aav.com.au
Tue Mar 2 02:00:41 CET 2004

Hi all ,

sorry that I have to keep asking the same question again. Basically , on
Redhat 8.0 and Apache, I 've been trying to change the default URL from
http://mydomain.com/nagios/ <http://mydomain.com/nagios/>   to be
http://mydomain.com/nagios <http://mydomain.com/nagios>  .    And here are
the changed I've done so far , which still don't work by the way.

1.  I changed the file cgi.cfg at the url path section from "/nagios/" to be
just "/nagios"

2. Then I changed httpd.conf from

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share/">
  Options None
  AllowOverride AuthConfig
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

 to be

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share/">
  Options None
  AllowOverride AuthConfig
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

3.  Then I reload both nagios and httpd, and then restart both nagios and
httpd.    Yet the only URL that is working is still
<http://mydomain.com/nagios/> http://mydomain.com/nagios/.    This one
<http://mydomain.com/nagios> http://mydomain.com/nagios is simply not
accesible at all.

4.  Just in case, I have also tried to change httpd.conf to make it become
like this

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share/
Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share/">
  Options None
  AllowOverride AuthConfig
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

And then restart everything , yet the only URL that is working is still
<http://mydomain.com/nagios/> http://mydomain.com/nagios/

So basically it don't matter what I do to the file cgi.cfg and httpd.conf
[and of course reload/restart the related services after the changes], the
only URL that work is still the same one, so Is there anything else I am
missing here ???

any clue will be aboslutely appreciated

ta

Jack