NAGAT/Nagios Authentication Issue

David Barnett DavidB at etobin.com
Mon Mar 1 23:20:01 CET 2004

I just installed NAGAT for my Nagios server, and upon exporting a new
service I had created, I was unable to log into the Nagios web
interface.  I used the same user and password, and just to make sure, I
deleted the .htaccess and htpasswd.users files and recreated them, but
to no avail.  I also made sure those files still had the correct paths
for all the variables.  Has anyone had this problem before?  Right now I
cannot log into Nagios at all and am fearful I will have to reinstall
it.

Also, when I restarted Nagios for the first time after the export of the
new service, I got a new warning I haven't seen before: "Nothing
specified for illegal_macro_output_chars variable!"  What does this
mean?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.