Compiling NRPE 2.0 on SunOS 5.7

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Mar 1 16:55:05 CET 2004

________________________________

From: Platt, Nicholas [mailto:Nick.Platt at myflorida.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 8:31 AM
To: 'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Nagios-users] Compiling NRPE 2.0 on SunOS 5.7

Hello:

I fairly new to Nagios and I've come a long way.   I currently have NPRE
2.0 work on Linux and partially working on NT.  I've not been able to
compile NPRE 2.0 on Solaris and when I type ./cofigure, I get the
following message:

voyager:netroot> ls
Changelog               README.SSL              configure.in
init-script.in          nrpe.xinetd.in
LEGAL                   SECURITY                contrib
install-sh              src
Makefile.in             common                  init-script.debian.in
nrpe.cfg.in             subst.in
README                  configure               init-script.freebsd.in
nrpe.spec               update-version
voyager:netroot> ./configure
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Is there a Solaris specific
version of NRPE?  Let me know.  Thanks

-----

There is only one version of NRPE, but as the error indicates, you must
have a valid compiler on your system to be able to compile it. Do you
have either gcc or cc installed on that system? If you do, you will need
to add the path to it's location to your $PATH environment variable so
that configure knows where to find it. It hasn't been able to locate it
automagically.

--
Marc