Andrew Delamare andrew.delamare at mycloud.net
Mon Mar 1 16:41:18 CET 2004

Hi there,

I guess this has been asked many times before but I wondered how people cope
with monitoring over 3000 systems with Nagios.

I am looking at just ping to the hosts and Snmp trap from the hosts.

It would seem that Nagios in the past has had issues scaling with this many
hosts using too much resource for or running out of processing/memory steam.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with using snipes for
monitoring large numbers of nodes and doing trap consolidation back into
Nagios.

Regards
--
Andrew Delamare