notification issues

Jag agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Mar 1 15:46:09 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 16:33, Alban Dani wrote:
> I am having a wierd notification problem with nagios.
>
> A couple of days ago I removed some hosts from the configuration files
> because they were no longer on our network.
>
> I have restarted nagios a few times since then without errors or
> warnings. I have also tripplechecked that nothing regarding these hosts
> has remained anywhere in the nagios cfg files.
>
> However to my astonishment I keep getting notifications from nagios
> regarding these "nonexistent" hosts!!!
>
> any help will be greatly appreciated,

Do you have retain_state_information enabled in your nagios.cfg?  If
you, you may want to grep for those hosts in your state retention file.

I've found that the "state" retention also retains some configuration
info (such as if event handlers are turned on for certain services), so
this may be the cause of your problems.