Compiling NRPE 2.0 on SunOS 5.7

Platt, Nicholas Nick.Platt at myflorida.com
Mon Mar 1 15:31:19 CET 2004

Hello:

I fairly new to Nagios and I've come a long way.   I currently have NPRE 2.0
work on Linux and partially working on NT.  I've not been able to compile
NPRE 2.0 on Solaris and when I type ./cofigure, I get the following message:

voyager:netroot> ls

Changelog               README.SSL              configure.in
init-script.in          nrpe.xinetd.in

LEGAL                   SECURITY                contrib
install-sh              src

Makefile.in             common                  init-script.debian.in
nrpe.cfg.in             subst.in

README                  configure               init-script.freebsd.in
nrpe.spec               update-version

voyager:netroot> ./configure

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c

checking for gcc... no

checking for cc... no

configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Is there a Solaris specific version
of NRPE?  Let me know.  Thanks