how to ping instead of check_ping.

prabhu.anandh at wipro.com prabhu.anandh at wipro.com
Mon Mar 1 12:03:50 CET 2004

Hi folks,
Can anyone help me how to run a shell script for ping instead of using
the check_ping command.
Just give me the idea whether it can be done or not.I just wanted to
execute some of the unix commands along with nagios.
If anyone experimented this ,share your experience.I am new to shell
programming.I wanted to learn and any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Prabhu Anandh