AW: tell me how many are you....

Olaf Hoyer ohoyer at ohoyer.de
Tue Jun 29 10:15:10 CEST 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Sand Philipp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently in Migration phase of Nagios, so I don't know if my Hardware will fit to the requirements :)
> We want to monitor about 250hosts, with ~4-10 service checks per host. So at the end there will be about 1200Service checks. We're planning to do that on an dual 1,4GHz processor server with about 2Gigs of RAM.
> Due to better performance we'll use the Nagios 2.0a1 for that. For creating the graphs we're going to use perfparse I think. Maybe we'll put the mysql db for perfparse on another machine...

I did a similar setup (ok, had no database to log into, used flat files
for that) with 200 hosts and 1000 services with netsaint 0.07 on a
933MHz single CPU 512MB RAM under FreeBSD, and the box had a load of
~0.8

(OK, SCSI hardware RAID will do good... was a Compaq DL360 I had)

So I think that the hardware is well dimensioned.

HTH
Olaf

Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer at gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)