nagios and remote checking

Chris dubious9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 15:26:40 CEST 2004

I too am having problems getting NSCA running.  I've
got the hosts configured and talking to each other,
and I can see the connect via netstat --tcp.  I've
copied over the Nagios plugins to the client, and have
created a couple of scripts that pipe the output of
the plugins to the send_nsca program.  Is this the
correct fashion?

Also how do I configure nagios/nsca for the passive
check?  I'm sorry if this is documented somewhere (or
in an email from this list), but I couldn't find it.

I also don't care if this remote reporting
functionality is done through NRPE.  But I'm also not
sure how to set that up.  Anybody have a good tutorial
or documentation link?

Many thanks in advance.

~Chris