Log files

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 05:50:25 CEST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:08:06 -0500, Scott Behrens <behrens at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Are there any good log file parsers for the staus log files.  I'd like
> to be able to read the information from the archived files and format
> them into a readable format.

I went on this quest myself.  I thought I was hit paydirt with orca,
but it turns out that rrdtool isn't designed around being populated
with historical data.

So, I'm rolling my own.  It's about 80% complete.  It imports the
archives into an sql db with Class::DBI.  It creates graphs by opening
a pipe to gnuplot directly.

Still todo:

finish up the cli interface (95% complete)
finish the code to generate graphs directly from the sql data (99.9% complete)
web interface (not started, but will reuse the same code as the cli)
better abstract the code to parse the different types of plugin outputs.
add more error trapping
retool using map

--
Andy Harrison