statusmap images

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Wed Jun 23 18:05:49 CEST 2004

I've checked through the archives and have been unable to find this
question properly addressed. I have been able to download and install
all the new icon images in the /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos/. In
most cases they appear just fine when I generate my Status Map.
I've been wanting to create additional images to define the other types
of systems I am using.
The new system itself appears as a gray question mark, but when I hold
the mouse over the host, the new icon appears.
Is there any way I can have the new image appear in the Status Map as
well?
I am including a URL to a screen shot that shows this better.

http://quasi.ksl.com/nagios_20040623.png

Here is an example from my hostextinfo.cfg file:

# website template
define hostextinfo{
        name website
        icon_image              firefox.gif
        icon_image_alt          Hosted Web Site
        vrml_image              firefox.gif
        gd2_image               firefox.gd2
        register                0
        }
# end template

define hostextinfo{
        use website
        host_name
wvrv.com,wssm.com,wrth1430.com,wil92.com,bicstl.com
        2d_coords               100,350
        3d_coords               4.0,0.0,0.0
        }

# Scientific Linux 3 template
define hostextinfo{
        name sl30
        icon_image              sl30.gif
        icon_image_alt          Scientific Linux 3
        vrml_image              sl30.gif
        statusmap_image         sl30.gif
        gd2_image               sl30.gif
        register                0
        }
# end template

define hostextinfo{
        use sl30
        host_name
gratis.ksl.com,specto.ksl.com,talus.ksl.com
        2d_coords               100,350
        3d_coords               4.0,0.0,0.0
        }

The new images appear when I mouseover, but do NOT appear in the Status
Map. I have generated the correct transparent background and the proper
gd2 images using the correct tools.
This is what I have in my cgi.cfg file pointing to my hostextinfo.cfg
file.

xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

Thanks.
KJ

--
Kerry Cox <kerry.cox at ksl.com>