check only workhours?

Michael Medin mime at forumsql.se
Wed Jun 23 10:34:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

I want to get reports of system availability during "office hours" and I
would also like to check "24/7".
The first question is hoe can I get availability for non-24/7 checks?

When I set the service to use a check_period of less then 24 hours I
still seem to get reports based on a 24 hour day?

Service check during roughly 20-or-so hours:

Result from the "normal 24/7" check:
Time: 0d 20h 2m 19s
%Total Time: 83.494%
%Known time: 100.000%

Result from the "workhours" check:
Time: 0d 19h 59m 7s
%Total Time: 83.272%
%Known time: 100.000%

As you can see from above both service have been "up ~20 hours" but one
of them have only been checking the service for some 4-5 hours.

The second issue is can I set the service to check 24/7 but only
generate reports during office hours?
The reasoning here is that I don't want to check something twice to get
two different report-time-frames.

Hope I'm not to confusing, but I'm a pretty new user of nagios and don't
understand things as well as I should.

// Michael Medin