Schedule downtime

Bruce Elrick bruce at elrick.ca
Mon Jun 21 22:35:31 CEST 2004

ali.ajroud at philips.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> How will I be able to authorize the schedule downtime to a user?

Read up on in the CGI part of the docs and pay attention to the concept
of "authenticate contacts".  If someone authenticates to the web server
as user xxx and a service or a host has associated with it a contact
whose name exactly matches xxx, then that use will be able to schedule
downtime for that service or host.  It's a neat feature.  Also, when
they use the Web Console, they will only see the services for which they
are contacts and the hosts on which those services run.

I've used this successfully along with having Apache do LDAP
authentication against our Active Directory server.

In cases where you don't already have an appropriate contact definition
and you don't have a need for notification for that person, create a
contact anyway and set it up not to notify them.

Cheers...
Bruce