sending warnings and criticals via different transports.

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jun 21 10:05:56 CEST 2004

Christopher Thuys wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to configure the sending of warning alerts via email only
> and the sending of criticals via e-mail and sms.
> I have read the DOCO and can not find out how to achieve this apart from
> setting up a user twice once for warnings via e-mail and once for critical
> alerts via sms.
> Has any one done this?

Yes. It turned out to be very complicated later on when some admins
turned up and said they wanted all alerts to their pagers as well.

> Any ideas anyone?

Just add two different users. That way you can tweak all sorts of
settings on an individual basis without having to do all the exception
handling for special cases in the script.

--
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se