sending warnings and criticals via different transports.

Christopher Thuys Christopher.Thuys at bdigital.com.au
Mon Jun 21 03:17:38 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am trying to configure the sending of warning alerts via email only and the sending of criticals via e-mail and sms.
I have read the DOCO and can not find out how to achieve this apart from setting up a user twice once for warnings via e-mail and once for critical alerts via sms.
Has any one done this?

I have tried rewriting the default notify-by-epager command but I stopped getting any notifications when i changed the command to the following.

command_line	[ $SERVICESTATE$ != WARNING && /bin/echo -e '$CONTACTPAGER$\n$SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ Host $HOSTNAME$ Address $HOSTADDRESS$ Info $OUTPUT$. Sent $DATETIME$' > /var/spool/sms/00netsaint_`date '+%s'`_$CONTACTPAGER$.new ]

I then tried to call an external shell script passing the MACROS as parameters but that fails as well.

command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/send_sms.sh $CONTACTPAGER$ $SERVICESTATE$ "$HOSTALIAS$" "$SERVICEDESC$" $HOSTNAME$ $HOSTADDRESS$ "$OUTPUT$" "$DATETIME$"

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Thuys
Systems Administrator | B
Level 3, 207 Adelaide Terrace | Perth, WA 6000
P 08 9463 5800| F 08 9463 5955 | M 0403 809 065