[Nagios-users] Check_mailq usage

Don Badrak dbadrak-61a5RULNQvYhg10zWICiQg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 18 14:17:26 CEST 2004

Carole,

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, carole verdon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I solve my problem. I just change the line 88 of check_mailq.pl written
> by Don Badrak as this:

I didn't write that script.  I just provided a patch to it, to get it to
work with different queues.

The patch I provided was for an earlier version.  I've since changed my
copy of check_mailq, only to see that someone else did a lot of changes in
the CVS HEAD version, all of which overwrite mine.

>   ## open mailq
>
>     if ( defined $utils::PATH_TO_MAILQ && -x $utils::PATH_TO_MAILQ) {
> -        if (! open (MAILQ, "$utils::PATH_TO_MAILQ | " ) )
> +        if (! open (MAILQ, "$utils::PATH_TO_MAILQ $configfile | " ) )

This is in fact what I have on my working copies (but not on the patch I
submitted, and I can't remember why).

> So now, the mailq command is /usr/bin/mailq -C/etc/mail/sendmail.cf or
> /usr/bin/mailq -C/etc/mail/sendmail.cf.delivery if i use the -f option.

Yup.  Sorry about that.

Don
--
Don Badrak <dbadrak-svC55uRaBzvtX7QSmKvirg at public.gmane.org>              301.763.5534 work
Telecommunications Office                    301.457.4438 fax