check_ping problem

Tom Welsh twelsh at square-box.com
Fri Jun 18 10:42:04 CEST 2004

Hi All,

Nagios 1.2

Plugins 1.3.1

Debian woody

I'm getting an intermittent problem with check ping.

Several times a day I'm getting critical alerts from check ping saying its
failing. When I look in Notifications the information section shows
"check_ping: %s: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!"

Here are my service check and check command configs for this service

Services.cfg

define service{

        use                                   generic

        host_name                        mail-1,mail-2,mail-3

        service_description             PING

        is_volatile                          0

        check_period                    24x7

        contact_groups                 internet-mail-servers

        notification_options            w,u,c,r

        check_command                check_ping!130.0,20%%!200.0,60%%

        }

Checkcommand.cfg

# 'check_ping' command definition

define command{

        command_name                check_ping

        command_line                   $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p 5

        }

Su'ing to Nagios I can run the command fine on the command line

ubermonger:/usr/local/nagios/etc$ ../libexec/check_ping -H 80.87.131.163 -w
100,20% -c 150,40%

PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.00 ms

ubermonger:/usr/local/nagios/etc$ ../libexec/check_ping -H 80.87.131.163 -w
100,20%% -c 150,40%% -p 2

PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.00 ms

I've tried with a single % and a double %% symbol but get the same results.

Anyone point out what I have done wrong coz I cant spot it :-(

Cheers

Tom