Using ! in check_command - part 2

Michael Eck meck at chilitech.net
Thu Jun 17 20:20:41 CEST 2004

Original Post:
Greetings,
Is there a trick than anybody knows of the use a ! as a character in a
password for a check_command?
The obvious problem is that it's also the field delimiter.

Ok, I got lots of replies suggesting that I try to escape my !.  I
didn't mention it in my first post but I did indeed try that.  I tried
quotes of several varieties with no luck as well.

Has anybody actually gotten this to work or does anybody know that this
will work or were they just shots in the dark?  Of course I can change
the community strings but that's just a cop-out.

Any ideas?

----
Michael Eck
Chilitech Internet Solutions