NT service with "$" in the name

Chris Hammond chris at bluecobras.com
Thu Jun 17 18:06:46 CEST 2004

check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l
MSSQL\$BKUPEXEC"

This command from the command line yields;

MSSQL$BKUPEXEC: Started

Called from services with;

check_nt_mssqlbkupexec_service!

But in the Nagios front end, it shows up as;

MSSQL$BKUPEXEC$: Unknown.

Thanks again for your time Jeff.  I really appreciate it.

Chris