NSClient & Exchange

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jun 16 22:55:55 CEST 2004

>>Is anyone using NSClient on a MS Exchange server? I'm looking to
>collect a
>>few affirmations that NSClient hasn't broken other Exchange
>installations
>>to support a proposal to install it here.

We are using it here, on two Exchange servers, one of them very heavily
loaded.  No problems yet, except that you might want to make sure Exchange
is configured to use higher numbered ports only (eg, >10240).  By default,
exchange starts grabbing ports at 1025 and upwards, so on a busy server it
will likely already be using the NSClient port (not a problem when the
machine boots up, though, only if the nsclient service is stopped and
restarted).  We had to make this change, and restart, in order to install
NSClient here since the port was already in use.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **